Barnyard millet has 6 times high fibre content when compared to wheat. It is gluten-free millet with high calcium, phosphorous and fibre. It is high in carbohydrates and fat too. It helps to maintain body temperature and acts as a good anti-oxidant. Barnyard millet has a low glycaemic index and helps in preventing and controlling type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease with regular. It is an excellent substitute for rice since it contains higher crude fibre which controls hunger pangs.
Namma Veedu takes special care in providing its customers with high-quality barnyard millet which is cultivated in an organic manner free from pesticides and harmful fertilizers so that you and your family can enjoy the taste and health benefits of our traditional grains.
Benefits of Barnyard Millet:
- High fibre helps to prevent constipation.
- Helps prevent anaemia.
- An abundant source of anti-oxidants.
- Reduce harmful triglycerides and prevents heart diseases.
- Controls diabetes and cholesterol.
- Helps to keep the body stable by regulating body temperature.