Kodo millet is majorly cultivated in the Deccan Plateau where it is a major food source. Kodo millet is a nutritious grain and a very good substitute for rice or wheat. It contains a high amount of polyphenols (antioxidant compound), which suppresses hunger and makes you feel full for a longer amount of time. It contains high fibre content and high nutritional value such as proteins, calcium, fibre and minerals. Since it is gluten-free, it is commonly used for weight loss, controlling diabetes, increase liver functionality and good for the lymphatic disorder.
NammaVeedu specializes in procuring exceptional quality organic Kodo millet so that you and your family can enjoy the taste and health benefits of our traditional grains.
Benefits of Kodo Millet:
- Hydrates the colon
- Decreases blood sugar
- Lowers cholesterol
- Produces Serotonin hormone which improves the mood
- Aids in weight loss as a good substitute for rice or wheat
- Acts as a Probiotic feeding microflora in the intestines to prevent constipation
- Anti-diabetic - Kodo millet intake is found to reduce fasting blood glucose level and promotes a significant increase in serum insulin level. Anti-diabetic compounds in Kodo are quercetin, ferulic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid, vanillic acid and syringic acid. Thus regular use is recommended for diabetic patients.
- Antioxidant and anti-microbial activity
- Anti-obesity - Kodo is high in fibre and prevents gain in weight. It also helps to prevent a rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels and is a functional food to manage weight and promotes weight loss.
- Anti-cholesterol and anti-hypertension - Kodo is very beneficial for post-menopausal women suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. Hence, regular consumption of Kodo millets is recommended for all.
- Helps in weight management - Kodo millet consists of low-fat content and fibre content is higher and makes to feel fuller after consuming less quantity itself, therefore it avoids overeating and lessens the weight, thereby controls obesity. An obese person should include this cereal in their diet and see the difference in their weight.
- Cholesterol reduction - Regular consumption of Kodo millet helps to lower the triglycerides and C-reactive protein, thus it lowers the bad cholesterol and ideal for your heart. Thus heart-protective food too.
When you buy Kodo Millets online from NammaVeedu organic store, you can be assured that all our products are sourced from organic farms, hygienically processed using the latest technology equipment and delivered right at your doorstep in Chennai and Bangalore. Explore our wide range of millets on our website today.
Once you place an order it will be delivered to your doorstep with at most reliable packing.